I'm looking forward to tomorrow's 22-mile training run with Kenyan Way, as how well I do will determine whether I stay in the Houston full or drop to the half. The weather bodes to be quite good, especially so considering the nasty conditions elsewhere in the country!
TAG - Jamoosh from Last Mile Lounge was tagged by five questions, and in turn he passed-on the tag to others:
1. What are you most proud of accomplishing in 2010? I was proudest to have learned from my many training errors in preparing for the 2009 Boston Marathon, and as a result to set a P.R. in the 2010 Boston.
2. What are your running goals for 2011? After five marathons per year for three years running I need a change in pace, literally and figuratively! After running Houston full or half marathon I'm planning to spend six-months working on speed and my running form. After doing so I hope to set a 5K and 10K P.R.
3. What is your favorite race? See #1 :-)
4. What is your favorite holiday guilty pleasure? Starbucks Eggnog Latte - I feel guilty for every one of its delicious 610 Calories and 27 grams of fat.
5. What was your most embarrassing running moment? A few years ago, shortly after starting a long run with a group of friends, I was caught-up in my conversation and was completely oblivious to my surroundings - which I proved by running headlong directly into a wide wooden four foot tall pole that the other runners easily avoided. I bounced backward sprawled horizontally on the ground looking up as my friends concernedly asked if I was okay. With much embarrassment I picked myself up and resumed my run, reassuring everyone that I was fine - thereby proving the power of endorphins over pain and pride receptors ;-)